Plant Assistant - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for a Plant Assistant / Plant Operator to join the expanding Operations Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Site Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for supporting the safe and efficient running of the plant including managing road tanker movements, as well as testing and discharging of fuels.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor, as the Plant Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing towards the safe and efficient operation of the plant adhering to environmental compliance
- Following operational policies & procedures as well as being involved in process sampling, plant outages, plant projects, etc.
- Supporting the Operations Technicians and other team members to maximise plant availability and reliably
- Supporting site activities such as operating mobile plant including forklift trucks
- Assisting with vehicle marshalling on site
- Supporting the acceptance and control of the site spares
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- C&G/NVQ Level 2 in Engineering/Plant Operations or Apprentice qualified (desirable)
- Experience working in Power Generation or any other heavy process environment in a similar based role
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance skillset
- IOSH or H&S certificate (desirable)
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, then please send a copy of your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.