Electrical Technician - Wind Energy
£28,000 - £32,000 + Van, overtime and allowances
Are you a Level 3 qualified Electrician or Electrical Technician who is looking for a new opportunity to develop your skills further and work within the Wind Energy sector? Does the idea of working in the picturesque Highlands of Scotland sound appealing? Would the opportunity to train and become a fully-fledged Wind Turbine Technician be a dream come true?
We have a unique opportunity to join a global OEM renewables business who are looking for passionate people to join their organisation and train to become fully qualified Wind Turbine Technician, to work on a new build Wind Farm in the Highland region of Northern Scotland.
This role has great earning potential with travel allowances and overtime and provides a day shift pattern that affords lots of time off.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, as a Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on wind turbines
- The installation and retrofitting of key electrical components
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Generating detailed reports on the work completed
- Covering multiple sites in your region and further when required, perhaps staying overnight and having periods away from home
- Working at heights
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for an Electrical Technician with the following:
- A level 3 electrical qualification is essential
- 18th edition hugely desirable
- Commercial or industrial experience and the desire to work in renewable energy
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Excellent health and safety awareness and the ability to work at heights (full training to be provided)
- A cracking work ethic and the flexibility to stay away when required
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary up to £32,000 which will increase with training, plus allowances and overtime.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Employee wellness programme for you and your family
- Company van (for work use), PPE and Tools
- Excellent training and career development with courses provided
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call 02393 910 473 and ask to speak to Stuart Clark who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.