Waste Management and Recycling
£21,000 pa + Package
Our client is a reputable independent family-owned business within the waste management industry, and are currently looking for a Weighbridge Operative to join their established team at their Waste Transfer Station in Aldershot. As a Weighbridge Operative, you will be responsible for providing daily assistance with regards to the sites weighbridge function managing all arrivals on-site and managing the required data associated with traffic management.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Weighbridge Operative, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safe, compliant, and efficient operations of the on-site weighbridge function, weighing vehicles in and providing direction to these vehicles to ensure effective site traffic flow around the site.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all on-site visitors, managing the sign in process and controlling the access to the site.
- Ensuring the waste streams entering the site are compliant with site permits and waste acceptance allowances.
- Update on-site administration and filing systems regularly with weighbridge data, reporting back to senior management where needed.
- Supporting with the local contract operations as needed.
- Other duties to the support the site and other surrounding sites where necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Administration / Operative experience working in a busy site environment
- Experience working on a variety of MS office applications
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment working with external and internal teams
- Good understanding of waste collection methods or a willingness to learn.
- Understanding of Weighbridge operations
Salary & Package
- Basic Salary of around £21,000 + package
- Full training and support on-site
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 222 964 and ask to speak to Gemma Nixon who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.