Senior Product Engineer - Manufacturing
Astute are currently supporting a global leader in high tech filtration, separation and purification.
Due to a structured growth plan a new and exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Product Engineer to be responsible for leading and supporting Product Engineering projects and activities. This role supports manufacturing and quality operations by driving and managing significant technical changes to media products and manufacturing processes utilising structured change control methodologies.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Senior Product Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Plan, execute, and manage Product Engineering assignments that involve product design, process development, material testing, material changes, continuous improvement, and product/process validation to support the company's quality, supply, and growth business objectives for existing and new media products.
- Manage projects to resolve critical customer and manufacturing problems utilising proven, data driven, structured problem-solving tools.
- Work with internal customers, and product development to understand the critical quality characteristics of our media products.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes as typically acquired by completion of a Bachelor of Science in engineering, chemistry, polymer science, or other technically equivalent field.
- Hands on experience in manufacturing of high quality web based polymeric materials.
- A track record demonstrating strong trouble shooting and process improvement skills.
- Project management skills; the ability to influence.
- Expectation to develop and possess strong analytical, statistical, and systematic problem solving skills (Six Sigma certification preferred, or willingness to achieve certification).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Industrial SQL (optional); Wonderware Factory Suite (optional); AutoDesk AutoCAD LT (optional).
- Strong program/project management, leadership, mentoring and team building skills.
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary of circa £55ak
- 5% Bonus
- Pension, Holidays, Healthcare
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 023 93 911 007 and ask to speak to Simon Cheung who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.