Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station
Port Talbot, South Wales
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute are supporting the recruitment of Western Bio-Energy who operate a 14MW Biomass (Waste Wood) Power Station. With a capacity to process around 160,000 tonnes of wood per year, this plant produces power for roughly 31,000 homes.
Western Bio-Energy are looking to hire a Shift Operator who will be primarily responsible for the safe & efficient operation of the Biomass Plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Shift Operator, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Shift Operator in the safe & efficient running of the plant which includes (but not limited to):
- Start up & shut down activities of the turbine, boiler, pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Synchronising the generator to the Grid from the Control Room.
- Coordinate operational activity inline with contractual requirements as designated by the Owner & Electricity Purchaser.
- Loading / unloading deliveries of wood chip and other consumables including use of a front-end loader.
- Assist the maintenance team with first line maintenance activities and general housekeeping.
- Delivering process improvements across the plant including plant performance, processes & procedures and CMMS (maintenance systems) processes.
- Monitor the plant & personal performance against KPI's (Key Performance Indicators).
- Any additional tasks as & when required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum C&G/NVQ Level 3 in a Process/Engineering/Operations discipline
- Completed an apprenticeship and/or three years in a Power Generation/Heavy Process/Maintenance role (Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered)
- Familiar working on a SCADA/PLC/DCS System
- IOSH/NEBOSH or a Health & Safety Qualification
- Flexibility to work Shift Patterns including nights and weekends.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Allowance
- Benefits Package
- Career development in a growing industry
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.