Kings Cliffe- Peterborough
Up to £25,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Site Operational Chemist to join one of the industry leaders in hazardous and clinical waste management solutions across the UK. Working as an Operational Chemist, you will be responsible for supporting on a soil treatment plant in the acceptance of waste, sampling and monitoring of streams entering the soil plant and supporting with the daily operations to ensure safe and compliant waste is processed at all times.
Reporting to the Recover Park Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assist with the hands-on operation of the hazardous waste site and Soil Treatment Plant, ensuring materials coming onto and off site are consistently safe and compliant to site permits and environmental regulations.
- Carry out and monitoring sampling procedures, odour monitoring and stockpile management, checking samples against site allowances.
- Assist with compiling lists of wastes to be transferred off site to third party disposal points.
- Assist with non- conformance procedures and sample processing.
- Assist with the daily/weekly plan for the operational areas to successfully deliver targets, KPI's and other requirements.
- Operating mobile plant such as a forklift on-site as and when needed.
- Ensure house-keeping requirements and continuous improvement programmes are supported both directly and through the plant team.
- Undertake area administration activities as required.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have an appropriate chemistry/ scientific qualification as well as experience working in a hands-on operational environment.
This role would suit a recent graduate looking to further their career within the chemical sector and an interest in moving into the waste management industry.
Due to the nature of the role, the candidate should have a flexible attitude to work and be comfortable working outdoors on a busy waste processing facility.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of up to £25,000 DOE
- Opportunity to progress career in the Chemical and Waste Management industries.
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.