Shift Team Leader - CCGT Power Station
Southwick, West Sussex
c.£65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations department of a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) Power Station in Southwick, West Sussex. Leading the Shift Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
Our client is one of the leading CCGT operators in the UK, owning a combined portfolio of 3.3GW with plans to expand.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of Shift Team who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching, and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work.
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties.
- Providing effective administration and application of safe systems of work and Health and Safety policies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be CCGT, Coal, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers) - ideally those who has experience with steam generation equipment
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment would be an added bonus
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Salary of c.£65,000 (inclusive of shift pay)
- Excellent company pension
- Other company benefits
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about the opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.