Mechanical PSSR Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary, Bonus & Full Benefits Package
Having partnered exclusively with Astute Technical Recruitment, Covanta have begun the phase of mobilisation on site and are recruiting a number of positions. We are specifically looking for a Mechanical Technician who has extensive experience in PSSR & Steam Raising plant.
The successful applicants will be responsible for supporting the Maintenance Team Leader carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance of all mechanical assets on site. Further information can be found below.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Overseeing PSSR legislation and statutory inspections on boilers, pipework, steam raising plant etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination.
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- Ideally have at least 5 years of hands-on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc.
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Safely operate plant machinery & equipment
- Have the ability to safely operate large mobile plant and site vehicles
- Undertake a reasonable amount of physical or manual activity that may include climbing stars, accessing CAT ladders, working at height, working in confined spaces and accessing overhead equipment
- Working along and away from other colleagues for long periods through the working day
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Bonus opportunity
- Full training plans
- Opportunity to join a new Energy from Waste plant
- Full and extensive benefits package
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.