Operations Technician - CCGT Power Station
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
£22-£25 per hour
2 month contract with view to be extended
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for an Operations Technician (on a contract basis) to join a Power Station in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. You will be working at the site (at times alone) to ensure safe and efficient operation of the CCGT power station which can also operate as an OCGT.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee the safe & efficient operation of the plant.
- Oversee the steam raising process through the central control room.
- Carry out first-line maintenance across the whole site
- Involved with operation & project management activities on site
- Adhering to HSE / Safety Rules / LOTO / Permit to Work System
- Supervising contractors
Working times: The individual will be working shifts time, mainly afternoons to cover operations up to 22:00 on a daily basis. The individual will, after a period of training, be working alone during shifts.
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HND/HNC/NVQ Level 3 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, EC&I, etc.
- Sufficient, appropriate and relevant engineering and maintenance experience within a similar role and process industry this can be from a , CCGT (Thermal Power Station), Waste to Energy Plant, Biomass Plant, Refinery etc
- First line maintenance experience across relevant discipline area (Process, Electrical, C&I, Mechanical).
- Experience of operating within safety, environment and operational polices, standards, frameworks and statutory legislation.
- IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent qualification, demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management.
Rate and length of contract
- £20-£25 per hour
- 2 month contract which could be extended
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 as ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.