Electrical Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary + bonus + benefits
We're currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer to join a CCGT Power Station capable of producing around 860MW of power. An expansion has recently gone live which will added a further 300MW capacity to the plant and incudes a Siemens F-Class Open Cycle Gas Turbine.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for managing the engineering activities associated with all electrical equipment ranging from transformers, switch gear, High Voltage / Low Voltage equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as the Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The maintenance and installation work on a range of electrical equipment across the site. This includes motors, switchgear, power supplies, cranes, pumping gear etc.
- Supporting the maintenance / engineering team with technical advice and support and provide hands on assistance covering all reactive & preventative works.
- Delivering effective outage and shutdown strategy to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency.
- Support with capital investment projects
- Managing tenders and contracts for electrical engineering contracts
- Managing on site contractors and site projects as and when required
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health & Safety policies and current legislation
- Implementing maintenance techniques and best practices
- Managing the sites electrical budget
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant engineering qualification at ideally HNC level or higher. Qualifications below this level will be considered coupled with extensive relevant industry experience.
- Extensive technical expertise relating to HV and EHV
- At least 5 years of experience gained in a heavy process industry ideally power generation but candidates from refineries, steel works or the marine industry will be considered
- Marine Engineers such as Merchant/RFA/Royal Navy would be ideal
- Proven leadership experience as you would be leading teams of engineers, technicians, etc
- Planning, management and delivery of outages
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this role:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Additional benefits including share plans and a generous holiday allowance
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please get in touch with Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or apply with a CV & Covering Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.