Area Manager - Anaerobic Digestion
East of England - Northampton and Colchester
£42,000 - £50,000 + van, fuel card and benefits
Astute are partnered with a company who design, build and operate anaerobic digestion plants. They're now seeking an Area Manager or Regional Manager to oversee a couple of plants in the southern region. We're looking for someone with excellent management (and maintenance) skills who will be able to effectively manage their small teams, farmers and asset owners alike.
You'll typically work around 40 hours a week, with a mix of travelling between two sites, working from home and working closely with the site teams. Extra hours of work may sometimes be necessary to meet deadlines or to deal with emergencies. A vehicle with fuel card will be provided for the role.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Senior Management, as Area Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Daily management oversight of all plant and operational activities in your area including a maintenance team
- Schedule and prioritise the maintenance team and control internal and external resources
- Analysing all plant activities, producing performance reports and KPIs for internal and external stakeholders
- Troubleshooting with plant staff to implement solutions and minimise down time
- Completing regular site audits and inspections, ensuring plants are adhering to proper procedures and within guidelines
- Liaising with the central team and feedstock analyst, helping to compile and control feedstock plans with farmers and plant managers, reviewing feedstock analysis on site and reacting to changes as required
- Highlighting investment requirements on sites and promote cost effective solutions
- Assisting with plant parts & equipment procurement, liaising and negotiating with current suppliers and sourcing potential vendors
- Ensuring H&S best practises are adhered to and ensure that all works are planned in line with H&S guidance
- Helping to upskill existing staff operators on site
- Promoting good working practices and positive relations with staff, the local community and external regulatory bodies
- Managing staff holidays to ensure plants have suitable cover at all times
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous Managerial experience of people, processes and safety
- Understanding of process plant engineering and systems
- Commercial awareness and ability to read and interpret contracts
- Health, safety and environmental awareness
- Anaerobic Digestion experience is advantageous, but I'd like to hear from people with a background in wastewater, agriculture or recycling
- Excellent communications skills and a personable manner
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary depending on experience, between £42,000 to £50,000
- Company van and fuel card
- 25 days holiday plus BH
- Medical plan, Life Assurance and Bonus
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.