Mechanical Maintenance Technician
East London, Crayford
Up to £35000
Our Client is one of the UK's leading provider of Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country and as such they are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join their team in Crayford. Working as their Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for carrying out key planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance across the recycling facility on a wide variety of heavy plant equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment on sites is modified and improved, as necessary, to maximise equipment availability and performance.
- Delivering the Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules as well as responding to reactive maintenance tasks on time and to company standard.
- To regularly perform root cause analysis on equipment to minimise downtime.
- Undertake engineering project work and assist with new installations or refurbishments.
- Update and administer the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
This role is working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern including night shifts. Please only apply if this is suitable.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Have a recognised Level 3 NVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Have previously worked in heavy processing industries such as power generation, waste management, aggregates, FMCG, manufacturing or Water Treatment.
- Have a good Understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office systems
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Basic salary of up to £35000
- Competitive company benefits
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 20393910041 and ask to speak to Matthew Brindley who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.