Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
c£39,500 + Bonus + Benefits
We are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an energy from waste facility in Glasgow. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on all mechanical assets to ensure plant availability is maximised and downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Technician, typical duties will include:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all mechanical assets to maximise plant availability including valves, pumps, gearboxes, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shutdowns, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
This work routine will be days-based Monday to Friday (7am to 4pm), with a 1 in 3 call out rota.
What you will need…
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC/ONC in mechanical engineering or similar
- Excellent technical knowledge of mechanical plant found on a modern day EFW plant - pumps, valves, gearboxes, pipework, steam systems
- At least 4 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works, pharmaceutical etc
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
- The highest regard for health, safety and environmental compliance
What's in it for you…
- A salary of circa £39,500
- Performance related bonus
- Call out / standby payments
- Overtime rates
- A company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 288 284 to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.