Motor Vehicle Technician - HGV
Mon-Thurs (4 day week) - Days only - 37hrs
Salary: £26,047 + £5,000 Annual Bonus
We're currently looking to recruit an experienced Motor Vehicle Technician to service and maintain a range of military vehicles from a central location at Tidworth. As an experienced Vehicle Technician, you will be tasked with the upkeep of a fleet of vehicles, ensuring they are reliable and can be called upon when needed.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, you will be expected to:
- Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the job card in accordance with the customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, processes and other approved technical publications.
- Diagnose, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line with skills & competency.
- Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete the job is submitted daily to the department / section Supervisor.
- Completion of vehicle and equipment documentation and test certificates / reports to current standards.
- Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose and un-used or new faulty material is returned to the section / department Supervisor as soon as it is identified.
- Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in the work area is maintained at all times. Comply with local policy on the correct disposal of hazardous or waste products.
- Inform the Supervisor of any issues which directly affect the repair process and any additional work to the task which is not detailed on the job card is deemed necessary to complete the task.
- Consult Supervisor regarding any problems affecting Quality or Health & Safety.
- Provide support across internal trade boundaries and Mobile Support Teams (MST) on a voluntary basis.
- Execute other duties commensurate with grade and post on occasional basis as detailed by his / her Line Management chain.
Candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- C&G in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ Level 3 or above (Ex-Mil Class 1)
- Experience working with HGVs within the last three years.
- Valid UK driving licence (ideally inc C,C+E, H)
- 18th Edition highly desirable
What's on offer
- Basic salary of £26,047
- Annual retention bonus of £5,000 paid monthly.
- 4 day working week - Monday to Thursday daytimes, no shifts
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Parker on 02392 222 961, or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.