Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
£52,500 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations department of an Energy from Waste power station in Newhaven, East Sussex.
This position will be working for one of the UK's leading waste management companies and arguably the leader in Energy from Waste too. Leading a team of Plant Operators, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching, and carrying out isolations.
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work.
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties.
- Providing effective administration and application of safe systems of work and Health and Safety policies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment would be an added bonus
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your update CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this opportunity.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.