Mechanical Engineer - CCGT Power Stations
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer, ideally somebody with extensive Rotating Plant experience, on behalf of your client who are one of the leading CCGT operators in the UK, owning a combined portfolio of 3.3GW. You will be working as part of a central engineering function to support the engineering team in cost effective short, medium and long term Engineering Solutions for their CCGT Plants.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the company's expert for all mechanical equipment and rotating plant, focusing on plant integrity and plant life maintenance
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, on time and within budget.
- Deliver engineering best practice across all stations
- Developing asset management strategies
- Providing mechanical engineering support to the workshop team
- Implementing maintenance techniques and best practices
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Engineering and managing mechanical plant developments/ projects.
- Managing high value maintenance contracts
- Directing mechanical technicians and contractors
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree / HND / HNC in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Excellent technical knowledge of large rotating plant and associated equipment such as Gas and Steam Turbines, HRSG Boilers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, Compressors etc.
- Ideally, engineering experience in the power generation sector but candidates from Refineries, Paper Mills or other sources of power generation will be considered
- Knowledge of budgets and contract management
- The ability to handle multiple work projects running together
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- A valid driving licence is essential for this role as travel to other sites will be required
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Company benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 282 and ask to speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.