General Manager - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Leeds, West Yorkshire
We are currently recruiting a General Manager to join an operational energy from waste power station in Leeds. This plant exports 13MW of electricity to the National Grid which is enough to power around 22,000 homes. The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the plant as well as the pre-sorting plant and the District Energy Network.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the Director, typical duties of the General Manager will include:
- Driving high levels of contract performance
- Manage and support the Operations and Maintenance Teams
- Assisting in establishing annual goals and objectives whilst supporting the strategy for the business unit
- Maintain profit and loss ratios
- Delivering operational efficiencies and cost saving solutions
- Prepare annual budgets
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for innovation and process improvement
- Communicate business objectives, performance and other matters to staff
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this opportunity it is important you meet certain criteria including:
- Previous experience at Maintenance/Operations/Plant/General Manager level in the power generation industry or a similar heavy process industry
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HND/HNC in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical etc
- Strong commercial acumen
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience in managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Strong leadership and management skills
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Private medical cover
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.