Electrical Engineering Surveyor - Inspection Services
Up to £42,000 + company car + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineering Surveyor to carry out hands on statutory inspections on electrical equipment across client sites in the Bournemouth area. This is a home-based role with flexible working and would suit an Electrical Technician / Engineer from the power generation sector, or any other process plant industry, looking to develop their career in engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
As an Engineering Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Performing site inspections and assessments on Electrical equipment which could include variable speed drives, motors, switch gear, etc. Sites could include power stations, pharmaceutical sites, steel works and utilities plants
- Completing inspection reports after site assessments
- Issuing these reports back to clients to inform them if their site equipment is compliant
- Advising on the required remedial works and legal requirements of equipment that is not compliant
- Building strong client relationships
- This is a home-based role with an element of flexibility around the working hours.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant engineering qualification at HNC level or equivalent as a minimum, ideally in an electrical discipline. Candidates with qualifications below this unfortunately won't be considered due to client requirements
- Have at least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience in the power generation industry or other similar heavy industry e.g. CHP, utilities, EFW, biomass, chemical etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also suit
- Good IT and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- A full UK driving licence is essential
This is a home-based role with regular travel to customer sites within a 40 to 50 mile radius of their home address.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this role:
- Basic salary of up to £42,000
- A fully expensed company car
- A performance related bonus up to 11%
- An excellent company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH with an option to buy more
- Additional benefits including discount on dental and healthcare
- For more information on the package on offer please get in touch.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.