Junior Engineering Manager - Solar Energy
Circa £25,000 salary, plus benefits
Astute are partnered with a genuine market leader in the renewable energy sector, specifically in solar energy. We're looking for a Junior Engineering Manager / Junior Operations Manager with electrical knowledge to join a market-leading business who own and/or operate and maintain around 1GW of solar assets.
I'm keen to hear from solar energy enthusiasts who are committed to contributing to the transition to low carbon energy. This is a genuinely rare opportunity to join a dominant global business in renewable energy and assist across 200 of their sites.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as Junior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and supporting the Field Service Engineers (FSE), Operations & Maintenance teams and remote engineers across the UK
- Performing IV curve and drone thermal survey analysis
- Managing the calibration of pyrometers from their facility in Bath
- Dealing with external contractors and inverter manufacturers, troubleshooting issues and managing any claims
- Providing technical support to the FSEs when required
- Liaising Hukesflux calibrations
- Coordinating and scheduling the dismounting/mounting of the pyrometers to be inspected and calibrated
- Managing the engineering resources for pending projects, including stock, quotations and purchase orders using the SolarVista software
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A good foundation of engineering knowledge and principles
- Some solar industry experience, or renewable energy experience is desired
- A full UK driving licence
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- An industry relevant engineering qualification would be hugely advantageous, perhaps a Degree/HND/HNC
- A genuine passion for solar/renewable energy
- Excellent computer skills
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary depending on experience, around £25,000
- Company benefits including an excellent holiday allowance and pension
- Career development
- A mixed working location, with a couple of days in Bath and the rest being remote with some site visits
- Up to 10% bonus
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.