Maintenance Technician - Heavy Plant
£40,000 to £50,000 plus overtime & benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working exclusively with our client who are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to be responsible for the planned & reactive maintenance of a range of heavy mobile & static plant. You will be working on an industrial processing plant in the Cambridgeshire area, with the machinery & plant being used for Composting & Biomass production.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for:
- Planned & reactive maintenance of all mechanical assets on the process plant such as mobile plant, electric & diesel-powered machinery, screeners, shredders, gearboxes, pumps, hydraulic & pneumatic systems etc.
- Responding efficiently to plant breakdowns, performing fault finding, diagnostics & rectifications.
- Performing routine plant checks & inspections.
- Installing new mechanical plant & equipment.
- Ensuring adherence with health & safety at all times.
- Taking part in emergency call outs / off duty cover.
- Other duties as required.
This is a days-based position working predominantly Monday to Friday, but you will be required to take part in a call out rota & also be flexible to work some Saturdays when needed.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline.
- Proven hands-on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including heavy plant, mobile plant, electric & diesel-powered machinery, screeners, shredders, gearboxes, pumps etc.
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as the composting, biomass, waste management, recycling, agricultural or similar industry.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience.
- Call out payments & overtime.
- Benefits package including Pension.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.