Electrical Craft Operator - Biomass Power Station
North East England
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are supporting the recruitment of a leading International Energy provider who own a number of Power Stations across the UK. This particular plant was recently converted from Coal to Biomass and is now a highly efficient renewable energy plant capable of producing ~420MW.
We are looking for an Electrical Craft Operator / Technician to join the maintenance Team within the Fuel & Ash section of the Power Station. Working on a continental shift pattern, you'll be involved with performing reactive & preventative maintenance on a variety of plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Electrical Craft Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical & electrical distribution assets across the Fuel & Ash plant sections on the Power Station
- Fault finding/maintaining electrical plant such as motors, drives, single phase / three phase plant, electrical distribution equipment, transformers, switchgear etc
- Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
- Providing safe & efficient operation of the Fuel & Ash plant
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified in a recognised Electrical / C&I apprenticeship in a heavy process industry
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar
- At least 4 years of hands-on maintenance experience with electrical plant such as motors, drives, single phase / three phase plant, electrical distribution equipment, transformers, switchgear etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shift Allowance
- Bonus opportunity
- Full benefits package
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.