Electrical Engineer - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the Maintenance Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for the providing engineering support on site ensuring regular maintenance is carried out, planning and scheduling major works and delivering against the contract KPI's.
This is a new position on a new site currently going through Commissioning, you will have the support of the Operations Supervisor and a Support Team based in the client's offices.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning the day to day maintenance and deliver reactive maintenance works along with assisting in planning major outages, shutdowns and plant improvements.
- Oversee all maintenance work by monitoring the performance of the PPM and ensure all risks are managed.
- Ensuring all works are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, in line with company guidelines and all applicable legislative requirements.
- Delivering an improved plant reliability program.
- Acting as a technical authority for the staff on site, delivering training and coaching when required.
- Manage on site projects in line with the company and client procedures
- Ensure all technical documentation is accurately stored including the sites CMMS, ensuring records are kept up to date and actioned in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the development of an onsite ISO QMS, ensuring all engineering systems are maintained and compliant at all times.
- Managing the Long-Term Service Agreement contracts within budget requirements and also managing specific cost centres.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum HNC in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Supervisory Working experience in a 24/7 Process/Power Generation/Energy From Waste/Biomass/Refinery environment with exposure to; Maintenance & Contract Management, Outage Management, Plant Improvement Projects and Legislative compliance
- PLC, SCADA and DCS experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens S5/S7, Mitsubishi)
- Familiar with Planning tools such as Project, P3 etc
- H&S Aware - Worked to a safe systems of work policy including Permit to Work, RAMS, Isolations etc
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 or send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.