Engine Maintenance Technician - Landfill Gas
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are currently seeking to recruit an Engine Maintenance Technician / LFG Engine Technician / Field Service Engineer, to join a leading organisation within the Power & Energy sector. You will be carrying out routine and reactive maintenance on a range of Landfill Gas Engines across sites in the South West.
What you will be doing…
As an Engine Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Routine & reactive maintenance on Landfill Gas Engines such as Jenbacher & Caterpillar (breakdowns, de-coking, fault finding, repair)
- Ensuring safe & efficient operation of the generating plant
- Ensuring health & safety and safe systems of work are followed
- Identifying requirements for planned maintenance and defect rectification to maximise asset utilisation
- Working as part of a call out rota to respond to breakdowns
- Other duties as required
What you will need…
To be considered for this position, you will need to have:
- Experience carrying out maintenance on large reciprocating gas engines (Caterpillar, Perkins, Jenbacher, Wartsila, or similar).
- A relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification (Apprenticeship / HNC / HND / City & Guilds / NVQ etc.).
- A full UK driving licence is essential, as this is a field-based position covering a number of sites across the South West region.
What's in it for you…
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading organisation within the Power & Energy sector, who can offer:
- A competitive basic salary
- A company van
- A benefits package which includes overtime, pension, 25 days holiday etc.
- Training & development opportunities
How to apply…
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.