Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the maintenance department of an Energy from Waste plant in Worcestershire. The Mechanical Engineer will support the Maintenance Manager in the planning, coordination, and supervision of the mechanical maintenance team to ensure maximum plant reliability and availability.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it is important you meet certain criteria including:
- An engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC in mechanical engineering. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers etc
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
What is on offer for you?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- Other benefits
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV and covering letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.