Development Director - Renewable Energy
Excellent salary, dictated by experience + car, healthcare and other benefits
Astute are partnered with an internationally recognised business who work with their clients to develop, construct, maintain and operate a renewable energy portfolio. We're currently sourcing a Development Director to join their business to manage, grow and develop a portfolio of solar and wind projects in the UK.
We'd like to encourage remote workers to apply. As long as you're happy to attend office meetings in Edinburgh when required, you may be based anywhere in the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the CEO, as Developments Director, you will be responsible for:
- Devising and implementing a development investment strategy
- To work across the multi-phase development process with their existing strategic partners and identify new strategic partners
- Look at and explore potential areas of business diversification and growth, including the likes of battery storage
- To secure commercial agreements with strategic partners for the co-development of renewable energy projects at all stages of development
- Managing the development team and ensure that the company and team are delivering high-quality developments
- Identify landowners and liaise with them in order to negotiate exclusivity agreements to development renewable energy projects
- Carry out feasibility studies and investment proposals for potential opportunities
- Deal with regulatory bodies, adhere to all legislation, gain all necessary consents and PPAs
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- A Project Management qualification is desirable
- A recognised Health & Safety qualification
- Demonstrable experience in a development role
- Renewable energy experience is essential, preferably in solar or wind
- Experience dealing with planning authorities, the Energy Consents Unit, landowners and stakeholders
- An excellent commercial and financial appreciation around project investment
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A great salary, reflective of your experience. To be discussed upon consultation about the role.
- Health insurance
- Company car/car allowance
- Bonus scheme (not currently in place but will be implemented)
- Other benefits included
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.