Waste Management/ Transport
Up to £31,000 + Package
Our Client is one of the UK's leading provider of Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country. As such they are looking for an experienced Collections Driver Supervisor to oversee their Driver and Transport teams working at their depot in Rochester.
Working as the Collections Driver Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising all driver activities across the waste collections contract. Your duties will include:
- Supervising the day to day activities of all drivers and loaders across the waste collections contract, ensuring the team operates in line with company, performance and profitability requirements.
- Reviewing and monitoring driver hours, managing schedules and ensuring all drivers are supported where needed.
- Carrying out all driver inductions, assessing driver skills and ensuring the drivers are compliant and have the tools and training they need to perform effectively.
- Monitoring and reporting any vehicle defects, ensuring vehicles are road safe.
- Supporting the running of the transport office, working directly with the Transport Manager.
- Providing driving cover where necessary.
- Promoting safety in the workplace. Reviewing driver competency on a 6 monthly basis.
This role is working on a 48-hour contract Monday-Sunday. Please only apply if this is suitable.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have experience driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment and hold a valid LGV Class 2 licence. A Class 1 licence is also desirable but the candidate must be happy to work towards this if they do not currently have it.
Candidates should have experience and knowledge of current LGV legislation, drivers working regulations and hours and have an understanding of tachograph operations.
A driver CPC is desirable as well as knowledge and experience working in the Waste Management/ recycling industry, however transferrable industries and experience will be considered.
- Basic Salary up to £31,000 pa
- Competitive Package
- Opportunity for training and development, working towards a management CPC and other certified training and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 for a confidential chat.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.