Operations Director - Anaerobic Digestion
Astute are proud to be working as an exclusive recruitment partner to source an Operations Director for a fantastic company in anaerobic digestion and bioenergy. Coming from humble beginnings, our client is going through strategic and planned growth and will no doubt become an even more influential company in the industry than they already are.
The Operations Director will have full operational responsibility of their flagship facility as well as other plants when they join the portfolio. We're looking for someone who will live and breathe anaerobic digestion and be a huge part of the long-term success of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Board, as Operations Director, you will be responsible for:
- Overall operational performance of their anaerobic digestion plants
- Provide on site operational support, staff development, performance coaching and staff recruitment
- Liaising with other Directors to plot the operational future of the business
- Monitoring the KPI's of the business and reporting to the Board on performance
- Using your AD knowledge to optimise gas production
- Maintaining a Health and Safety culture that places the safety of employees, customers, contractors and visitors first through transparency, accurate reporting and correction of concerns and deficiencies
- Monitor all site-based operating procedures including ensuring ongoing compliance with regulation, including requirements of Ofgem, National Grid and The EA
- Provision of a proactive approach to continuous improvement that seeks out, proposes and executes improvement initiatives, managing relevant change
- Motivating a winning and collaborative mindset in all operational staff, working towards optimum plant and staff performance
- Visiting sites nationwide, as the portfolio develops, to have a site presence. Be hands on when required.
- Contribute to on site operations and attending call outs when necessary
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience and knowledge of anaerobic digestion is essential
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
- An education in an engineering and/or agricultural discipline would be advantageous
- Hands on operations or maintenance skills, mechanical and/or electrical
- Some knowledge of the transport industry and regulation would be advantageous
- WAMITAB Level 4 is desirable
- Demonstrable leadership skills and an excellent work ethic
- A continuous improvement mindset, with a genuine passion for the industry
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A very competitive salary, to be discussed
- Company car
- Pension and private medical
- Other benefits to be discussed
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford, who can provide more detail.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.