Critical Facilities Maintenance Shift Engineer - New Build Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are currently recruiting for a Critical Facilities Shift Engineer to join one of UK's largest Data Centre with an IT Load up to 60MW and based in East London.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as the Shift Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Conducting planned and reactive maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and engineering works on critical plant including High Voltage and Low Voltage electrical systems such as: transformers, generators, switch gear, UPS Systems, STS Units, PDY units, cooling systems air handing units, cooling towers, heat exchangers, compressors and other facilities maintenance equipment
- Monitor the Building Management Systems (BMS), effectively responding to issues and alarms.
- Populating information into the maintenance management system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage and work within safe systems of work, issuing work permits and reviewing method statements and risk assessments
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 4+ years' experience within data centres/ facilities management (critical environment would be preferred)
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and cooling systems.
- Qualified to a level 3 qualification in: Electrical, Mechanical or Building Services
- Ideally hold an Authorised Person / AP15 status
- 17th or 18th Edition Certificate
- Able to pass full security checks to BS7858:2012
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910 033 and ask to speak to Megan McLeod who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.