UK Energy Policy Manager.
Birmingham / London
Competitive Basic + Package
We're currently recruiting for an Energy Policy Manager to join a utility business who operate a number of power generation assets around the UK. They are looking for someone to shape their energy policy and investment models to push forward towards net-zero.
This is a varied post that would see you working with stakeholders and involved with a host of decarbonising technologies that include hydrogen and carbon capture.
The UK's energy mix is changing, and this is a vital post to push for a viable market of alternative technologies.
In this post, you will be responsible for…
- Developing and making recommendations on policy positions. This will involve working with staff across the business to reference and challenge the UK energy market.
- Reaching outside of the organisation to deal with a range of stakeholders that will include government officials, MP's, industry bodies and technology providers.
- Working with a talented communication teach to create and advise on lobbying strategies and enhance engagement.
- Following the governments energy policy and political developments.
The following skills and experience are needed to be successful in this post.
- Politically minded, with the ability to communicate and develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Extensive energy sector experience/knowledge. Understanding energy policy and the UK's energy mix.
- Experience working in a similar role in the UK (government department, trade association or energy industry)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop a far reaching network of contacts.
What's on offer
- Competitive basic salary
- Benefits package
- A working location of either Birmingham or London.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.