Shift Operator - Energy from Waste
Competitive salary + company benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Operator to join the operations department of a 24/7 power plant in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. This station, using advanced thermal treatment technology, will produce electrical power from waste that would otherwise have gone to landfill.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant in a safe and efficient manner which includes during normal running, start-ups and shutdowns along with emergency situations.
- Ensuring the operational demands of the plant are met along with monitoring the plants emissions to comply with the Environmental Permit and reporting any issues to the Shift Team Leader
- Monitoring the daily safety & environmental performance of the plant ensuring it is operating in accordance with environmental parameters & legislation
- Become certified under Safety Rules as an Authorised Person and apply isolations, locks and safety tags.
- Monitoring plant performance & developing new ideas & measures in order to improve performance, reliability & efficiency.
- Conduct front line maintenance, plant inspections, fault finding and fault reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum C&G/NVQ Level 3 in a Process/Engineering/Operations discipline
- Completed an apprenticeship and/or three years in a Power Generation/Heavy Process/Maintenance role (Royal Navy Marine Engineers LET and above will also be considered)
- Familiar working on a SCADA/PLC/DCS System
- IOSH/NEBOSH or a Health & Safety Qualification
- Flexibility to work shift patterns including nights and weekends.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.