Contracts Manager - New Build Energy from Waste Power Station
Location - Berkshire
Salary - £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Manager to join our client who are a global organisation who are well established within the power generation sector and have many Energy from Waste Plants in the UK.
This position will be working on a permanent employment basis to be involved in the construction aspect of their brand-new Energy from Waste Power Station in the Berkshire area.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Project Director, you will be responsible for:
- Support project procurement and help develop project specific purchasing conditions
- Establish contract summaries and briefings for use by the project execution team
- Establish a sound and cooperative relationship with counterparts in client / consortium
- Participate and act aligned with Project Director and business management during regular and commercial meetings with client and/or suppliers
- Overall lead and proactive management of all contract administration and commercial activities
- Lead the Site Commercial Manager / QS team or covers responsibilities as appropriate
- Proactively pursue the optimal resolution of internal and external commercial challenges and opportunities. Take the lead in any formal dispute with legal support.
- Prepare and ensure that contractual correspondence is maintained and that our client's contractual position is protected.
- Primary point for project contract and legal support, and all commercial aspects - coordinate project matters with legal, insurance, tax and accounting experts
- Advise on payment procedures in accordance with the contract and applicable legislation (Client and subcontractor)
- Manage project bonds, guarantees and insurance.
- Contractual administration of change management under client and consortium partner contracts and preparation of commercial notifications
- Manage and coordinate commercial claim activities to or from client in alignment with the business. Advise on claims for subcontract packages, in coordination with relevant work package holder and procurement.
- Analyse and report on project risks and proactively participate in the identification of risk reduction measures
- Review budgets and cost to complete together with project team
- Assertive, diligent, detail and solution orientated
- Commercially aware with experience in change management and producing and defending claims
- Competent negotiator and able to convincingly carry complex arguments
- Flexible and independent while working within company policies and standards
- High ability to work in a structured way
- Project construction site experience
- Takes responsibility and actively participates in finding solutions
- Qualified quantity Surveyor or legal training
- 5 years of experience in construction of industrial plant project delivery
- Proficient with standard form and bespoke contracts - NEC and FIDIC an advantage
If you are interested in this exciting position in Berkshire, then please get in contact with Greg Storey on 02392 222 966 or email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.