CAD Engineer - Industrial and Process Plant
3 month Contract role, potentially longer
Competitive day rates, depending on experience
Astute have been selected to source a CAD Engineer to work for a sustainable energy company in London on a 3 month contract which could extend to 6 months and beyond. They create bespoke solutions per site/company to ensure they are as energy efficient as possible and we're looking for a CAD Engineer or CAD Designer to join the time to help through a busy period with project work across mechanical, electrical, civil and architectural disciplines.
At interview stage, there will be a 3D AutoCAD competency test, likely to involve conversion of a 2D drawing into 3D using the 2D DWG in under an hour.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as a CAD Engineer or CAD Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing 2D and 3D drawings layout drawings
- Working on a variety of projects, anything from hospital plant room design and install, to HVAC design in airports
- Design the layout and integration of new or modified equipment for HVAC and plant rooms
- Able to conduct site surveys in order to accurately draw and design
- Able to design to programme and timescales
- Liaising with project teams, suppliers and clients alike
- Read P&IDs and update design drawings
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum 2 years of genuine AutoCAD 2D and 3D experience
- Experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D and/or AutoCAD MEP
- An excellent general understanding of engineering principles and piping standards
- HNC or HND is engineering hugely preferable
- Clash detection experience with Autodesk Navisworks is desirable
- Revit and BIM modelling experience also desirable
- As a contractor, you must have your own laptop and AutoCad 3D licence
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive day rates
- Initial 3 month contract with the potential extension to 6 months and longer
- Working from home but closer to central London is best, but please feel free to apply if you're further afield
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.