Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Up to £45,000 + Benefits
We are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an energy from waste facility in Milton Keynes. This plant comprises of a waste recycling facility, anaerobic digestion plant and gasification EFW plant. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on all mechanical assets to ensure plant availability is maximised and downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties will include:
- Day to day scheduled maintenance, fault finding and breakdown activities on all mechanical plant such as Turbines, Boilers, Conveyors, Valves, Steam Raising plant, pumps etc.
- Adhering to strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Using the sites Computerised Maintenance Management System to report and log jobs
- Testing and calibration of Mechanical Systems
- Troubleshooting, routine, scheduled and major repair of all the Power Stations Mechanical, Pressure and Lifting Systems equipment
- Supporting outages, from planning, co-ordination to management
What you will need…
- A relevant technical qualification such as a City & Guilds Level 3/Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in a Maintenance environment on a Power Station/Heavy Process Plant. This could be power generation, steel works, paper mill, water treatment or chemical plant.
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with at least 5 years' service will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH qualification
- Experience on equipment such as Turbines, Boilers, Conveyors, Valves, Steam Raising equipment etc.
What's in it for you…
- A salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience
- A company pension
- 24 days holiday + 8BH
- Overtime rates
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 288 284 to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.