Plant Layout Engineer - Nuclear
£30-35k DOE plus comprehensive package
I have an incredible opportunity for a junior plant layout engineer with experience of complex multi-discipline design tasks to join the team responsible for delivering the challenging nuclear island portion of one of the largest scale engineering projects in Europe at Hinkley Point C in Somerset.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Plant Layout Engineer you will be responsible for assisting the building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General duties in each case would be expected to include:
- Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout.
- Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model.
- Carries out an initial check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Skills & Qualifications
Whilst previous nuclear project exposure would be a distinct advantage it is not a requirement, and any transferable large scale safety critical sector experience will be considered. We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Industry experience in one or several of the following areas: civil, piping, mechanical, safety engineering
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project
- Good knowledge of PDMS or any relevant 3D design software, Autocad 2D and Navisworks
Salary & Package
In addition to a comprehensive package as outlined below, you will be joining one of EDF's key strategic partners involved in rebuilding the UK's nuclear new build skillset and gain invaluable knowledge and experience in this field at a very exciting period of growth for them. Package details will include:
- Pension - 8% of gross basic salary + voluntary contribution
- Annual Leave - 25 days + Bank Holiday + 1 day per year of service up to 5 days
- Health Insurance - Company's Private Medical Insurance Plan
- Life Assurance - 4 times basic salary
- Group Income Protection - Payments in case of sick/injury leave for a period of more than 13 continuous weeks
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 222 961 and ask to speak to Dan Parker who can discuss the role with you in greater detail.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.