Landfill - Closed Sites
Up to £30,000
Our client, a global leader in environmental solutions who provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK is looking for a Site Supervisor to join their established team at their closed Landfill facility in Rotherham. Working as the Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the landfill site including site customers and visitors, health and safety, contractor management and permit/ environmental management.
Working as the Landfill Supervisor, you will be responsible for…
- Manage the day to day operations of the landfill site in line with company KPI's and performance targets for both closed and open operations.
- Manage all customers, visitors and contractors on-site, ensuring they adhere to site regulations.
- Assist with the safe coordination of the site operations
- Manage the waste permits, regulations and procedures, conducting risk assessments, site inspections and accident/incident investigations where appropriate.
- Develop environmental control, leachate systems and solutions to optimise extraction, recirculation and maintain compliance, and deal with aftercare of closed landfalls.
- Carry out relevant environmental analysis on site activities to ensure the systems of work comply with site permits and environmental legislations.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety at all times.
- Manage the teams effectively for the repair and maintenance of equipment on-site including the sourcing of spares and maintenance programming.
- Induction, training, mentoring, performance and disciplinaries of site operatives
- Schedules of work, including holidays and cover for sickness
To be considered for this position, candidates should have a clear understanding of the landfill process and operation including infrastructure, environmental control and treatment.
Candidates should have previous experience working in a Site Supervisory position with experience managing a complex team.
Knowledge of the Landfill and Waste Management industry is beneficial, with knowledge of processes including weighbridge duties and waste acceptance as well as the relevant waste regulations and site permit requirements.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £30,000
- Progression Opportunities
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.