Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Our client own and operate a 7MW Energy from Waste Plant North West of Birmingham near the M5. We are looking for a Plant Operator to join the Operations Team, responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant, you'll be involved with monitoring the process via the DCS/SCADA control system, conducting plant inspections, first line maintenance and also regulating the supply of fuel via the overhead crane system.
This is an ideal role, working shifts (2 Days, 2 Nights 4 off), for someone keen to make a start in the growing Energy from Waste sector.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for the following (not all duties listed):
- Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant, monitoring the turbine, boiler and associated plant.
- Assisting with compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
- Carrying out routine plant inspections and adjusting as required and logging on a data system
- Monitoring of stocks and take receipt of consumables/collection of residues
- Assisting other Company staff and contractors as and when required
- To be aware of and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge / qualifications:
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
- C&G/BTEC/HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Recognisable first aid/Health & Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements.
- Experience of work with a Permit to Work System.
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience working on mobile and fixed plant.
- Steam raising experience would be advantageous.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Work
- Company benefits
If you are interested in this role, please contact Dan Grosvenor at Astute Technical Recruitment on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.