Health & Safety Manager - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for a modern Energy from Waste Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant.
Using Advanced Thermal Treatment (Gasification) the plants utilise refuse derived fuel to produce around 10MW, enough to power around 7,000 homes.
This position will monitor all Health and Safety including carrying out audits, inspections, reviewing processes and ensuring compliance.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the sites Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up H&S systems
- Developing and managing the risk assessment / accident reporting system.
- Liaising with external bodies.
- Monitoring the performance of the plants health & safety program and identify opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- Carry out on site audits and investigations.
- Developing a strong H&S culture.
- Providing HSE training for O&M staff.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Strong background in Health and Safety gained in a heavy process or engineering environment. This can include Power Generation, Refineries, Manufacturing, FMCG, Food, Petrochemical etc
- At least five years' experience in a Health & Safety Management position
- A NEBOSH certificate qualification is required as a minimum for this position.
- Prior experience in "setting up" or site mobilisation would be beneficial
- An understanding of environmental permits / compliance would be advantageous
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting opportunity:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Working on a modern EfW plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.