Quality Manager - Nuclear
Circa £40k DOE + package
I'm looking to speak with an ambitious and capable senior Quality Engineer that's keen to join an established, successful, and forward-thinking engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of high integrity mechanical and electrical solutions to a range of demanding safety critical industries.
As the Quality Manager for the business you will have both the ability and the desire to develop and lead a best in class quality engineering function that plays a crucial role supporting varied production activities supplying into sectors where regulatory approval is paramount.
You would expect to be able to demonstrate competence across the following responsibilities:
- Leading and developing a Team of Quality Inspectors, Engineers and support staff and provide a professional and cost-efficient Quality Assurance and Control Service, including the deployment of a variety of forms of NDE.
- Developing and maintaining an effective Quality Assurance system which ensures robust compliance with ISO 9001/19443 and other industry standards.
- Managing the Quality Control Systems to ensure that customer quality requirements are achieved including effective quality control of suppliers.
- Developing key Quality Metrics and Trends which drive a robust programme of improvements.
- Monitoring production activities across the site, and occasionally our off site works, to minimise defective work and promote a right first time approach.
- Benchmarking our approach to Quality and Quality performance against appropriate organisations.
- Interfacing with 2nd & 3rd Party Auditors and Internal and External Customers in relation to quality matters.
- Reviewing existing processes, practices and techniques and implement industry best practice.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
With a background in QA/QC for electro-mechanical manufacturing or fabrication engineering, ideally within the nuclear sector, you will be a confident individual capable of leading a multi-skilled professional team and securing company-wide understanding and buy in for both the achievement and understanding of demanding quality standards.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant Lead Auditor Qualification
- Detailed knowledge of Quality techniques, processes, standards, inspection and NDE techniques
- Understanding of Nuclear Industry specifications and requirements
- Competent in material sciences to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Problem Solving & Continual Improvement Techniques
- An appreciation of health, safety and environmental issues in an engineering business.
What's on offer?
This role will give the right individual the opportunity to join an industry award winning business with a real sense of energy during an exciting period of their growth.
On top of this, a solid base salary is accompanied by 6% pension, private healthcare, 35 days (inc BH) annual leave, a 36.5hr working week and additional company benefits.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.