Deputy Operations Manager - Power Generation
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Operations Manager to join a biomass power station in South Yorkshire. Producing 40MW of power this plant produces enough energy to supply over 78,000 homes. As the Deputy Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the coordination and management of all day to day operation activities at the site, ensuring Health & Safety, Environmental, site and personnel legislation is adhered to.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Deputy Operations Manager duties will include:
- Management and organisation of the plant's operations team
- Monitoring of the plants efficiency and directing the operations staff to optimise the plant accordingly
- Training and developing all employees and liaise with other assets in the UK to share best practise
- Preparing the annual budget for the Operations department and work within this budget
- Assisting in the management and development of operational plant routines using the site CMMS
- Working closely with the Environment Agency and other external bodies to ensure the plant is running in accordance with the environmental permit and legislation
- Deputising for the site Operations Manager during holidays and being part of the success planning for the Operations Manager position in the new year
- Liaising with the Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager and other relevant staff regarding projects, maintenance, outages, costing and programming of plant improvements/projects
We are ideally looking for an experienced Shift Team Leader from the biomass or waste to energy industry, who is looking to take the next step up into management.
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- At least 2 years as Shift Team Leader on an operational Power Station. Ideally EFW or biomass but candidates from coal or CCGT plants will also be considered
- Ideally an HNC/HND level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of UK legislation in relation to the operation of power stations / EFW and biomass plants
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and drive others to succeed
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.