Mechanical Team Leader - Power Generation
Competitive Salary, Bonus & Benefits
Our client operates a plant incinerating municipal waste to raise steam which is then piped to a nearby site with a 14MW condensing steam turbine for a local district heating network. There are firm plans to expand this site in the coming years through the addition of a third line with its own turbine.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer / Team Leader which will see you managing and developing the mechanical team to deliver scheduled, preventative, breakdown, planned maintenance and operational activities.
What does the job involve?
Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, typical duties will include supervising the mechanical team who are responsible for:
- Fault-finding and maintaining mechanical assets including gearboxes, valves, pumps, compressors, boiler, heat exchanger, fans etc
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Undertaking/assisting in plant developments/projects
- Setting to work and supervising contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the sites CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
Your duties will also include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the maintenance team whilst building and maintaining a culture of teamwork
- Being a key member of the management team, standing in for the maintenance manager
- Participate in the broader management of the plant and the development of human resources
- Implementing the company's HSE management policies
- Ensuring maintenance budgets are controlled
What is required?
Ideally candidates applying for this vacancy should have:
- Time served Mechanical Apprenticeship
- At least 5 years of experience post apprenticeship in mechanical maintenance in a heavy process industry such as refinery, energy from waste plant, power station, colliery etc
- A relevant qualification in electrical engineering such as NVQ/C&G/ONC/HNC/HND
- Experience maintaining mechanical assets including steam raising plant, rotating machinery and pumps
- Ideally, an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Supervisory experience as a foreman / site supervisor or similar
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or you can call 02393 910 033 and speak to Megan McLeod
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.