Up to £30,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Assessor to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists working within the Hazardous Waste sector across the UK. They are looking for an experienced Technical Assessor to join an established team providing technical expertise to ensure waste streams across the business groups are dealt with in a compliant and commercially sound manner.
Working as a Technical Assessor, you will be responsible for…
- Identifying and assigning cost effective treatment and processing routes for a variety of hazardous waste streams (both in house and external) to meet waste enquiries.
- Carrying out technical assessment of waste enquiries through characterising and applying accurate classification of the waste.
- Working with site teams to ensure all waste brought onto site meets current permits, compliance and legislation.
- Organising sampling and testing of waste streams, liaising with on-site laboratory and chemist teams.
- Provide technical advice, support and guidance to sites within the organisation and to external customers.
- Work to current company policies, procedures and legislation.
- Producing reports as and when required
- Providing suitable waste routing plans and determining accurate pricing for customer enquiries.
- Proactively supporting the correct safety culture across all sites.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have a background working within the waste management sector with a degree or equivalent in Chemistry.
Candidates will be expected to have a background working in as a Technical Assessor or similar with a good understanding of the waste management/hazardous waste industry.
Candidates should have a strong ability to understand and interpret analytical data and legislation as well as demonstrable experience communicating and coordinating with people at all levels of an organisation.
What's on offer
- Basic Salary of up to £30,000
- Opportunity to progress career in the Chemical and Waste Management industries.
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.