Shift Technician - Data Centre
Competitive Salary + Benefits
October / November 2020 start date
We're currently recruiting a Shift Technician to join the facilities maintenance provider working on a data centre contract in Romford. This will be joining an established engineering team, with a clear path to Shift Leader within the next few years.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, as the Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Conducting planned and reactive maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and engineering works on critical plant including High Voltage and Low Voltage electrical systems such as: transformers, generators, switch gear, UPS Systems, STS Units, PDY units, cooling systems air handing units, cooling towers, heat exchangers, compressors and other facilities maintenance equipment
- Monitor the Building Management Systems (BMS), effectively responding to issues and alarms.
- Populating information into the maintenance management system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage and work within safe systems of work, issuing work permits and reviewing method statements and risk assessments
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 4+ years' experience within building services/ facilities management (critical environment would be preferred)
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical and cooling systems.
- Qualified to a level 3 qualification in: Electrical, Mechanical or Building Services
- Ideally hold an Authorised Person / AP15 status
- 17th or 18th Edition Certificate
- Able to pass full security checks to BS7858:2012
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring +442393910041 and ask to speak to Ben Johns who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.