Health & Safety Manager - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for a new build Energy from Waste Plant. This is the first plant to be built in Great Britain as part of a pipeline of 6 plants (including an operational facility already built in Ireland).
The plant can burn over 545,000 tonnes of residual waste per year, which is enough to produce 60MW of energy to supply over 112,500 homes.
As the Health & Safety Manager you will be involved with setting up the sites policies and procedures and ensuring full site adhering. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a new power station during the construction & commissioning phase and then work alongside the Operations & Maintenance teams, guiding the facility into full commercial operation. This position will monitor all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality matters, with the focus on health and safety.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the sites Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
· Setting up H&S systems
· Developing and managing the risk assessment / accident reporting system.
· Liaising with external bodies.
· Advising on environmental issues.
· Monitoring the performance of the plants health & safety program and identify opportunities to increase effectiveness.
· Carry out on site audits and investigations.
· Developing a strong H&S culture.
· Providing HSE training for O&M staff.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
· Strong background in Health and Safety gained in a heavy process or engineering environment. This can include Power Generation, Refineries, Manufacturing, FMCG, Food, Petrochemical etc
· At least five years' experience in a Health & Safety Management position
· A NEBOSH certificate qualification is required as a minimum for this position.
· Prior experience in "setting up" or site mobilisation would be beneficial
· An understanding of environmental permits / compliance would be advantageous
Salary & Package
What is on offer for this exciting opportunity:
· Competitive Salary
· Benefits Package
· Opportunity to work on the newest Energy from Waste plant in England
· Opportunities to progress within the business
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Megan McLeod on 02393 910 033 who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.