Shift Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
We are recruiting for a Shift Operator / Operations Technician to join the Operations department of an Energy from Waste power station in Slough. You will play a lead role in operating and maintaining all aspects of the plant from the control room via the DCS system and out in the field ensuring that the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Shift Operator will be responsible for:
- Operating all plant equipment involved in electrical generation via the DCS. You will be responsible for operating; steam turbines, boilers, heat exchangers, pumps and the water treatment plant.
- Able to keep downtime to a minimum by carrying out first line maintenance when required.
- Carrying out systems isolations and ensuring compliance with the company's safe systems of work at all times.
- Updating the shift log which will include plant and process changes and shift handovers to ensure effective communication throughout shift change.
Candidates should be aware this role involves working 12 hour shifts which includes days and nights.
To be considered for the Shift Operator vacancy, candidates should have:
- Experience in control room/ operations environment in a heavy process industry ideally with steam experience. This can include EFW, biomass, CHP, CCGT or coal fired etc
- A NVQ/ City & Guilds/ ONC or HNC level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A good understanding of operating procedures associated with boilers
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with watch keeping experience will also be considered, ideally LET level
- A strong understanding of health and safety processes and procedures
The package on offer for this role is as follows:
- Competitive salary of £41,000
- A performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Company pension scheme
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How to apply
To apply or for more information please see the contact details below and ask to speak to Steve
T: 02392 288 215
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.