Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international company who specialise in Energy from Waste & Biomass power plants across Germany and the UK. We are looking for an Assistant Shift Team Leader to join the team at their Biomass site in the South East of England.
The Biomass site in Kent can produce approximately 23MW of power from burning ~172,000 tonnes of waste wood per year.
We are looking for an Assistant Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team to supervise the day to day operations on a 24/7 operational facility. This will involve support the supervision of a team of Operations staff to ensure the safe & efficient operation of the plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Assistant Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Assist the Shift Team Leader in the safe & efficient operation of the plant, settings Technicians to work and assisting with mobile plant / crane operations as and when required.
- Carry out plant inspections, adjustments, readings and maintain all data accurately to ensure compliance with the environmental permit.
- Manage and monitor plant consumables, ensuring stock levels are maintained and liaising with procurement to replenish supplies.
- Supervising contractors, reviewing RAMS and ensuring all work is carried out in line with company legislation and processes.
- Identify areas within the plant for improvement to improve efficiency / availability.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered.
- Minimum NVQ / C&G Level 3 qualification in a relevant Engineering field.
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification.
- Experience in using mobile & fixed plant such as Front Loading Shovel, Forklift Truck and Overhead Cranes.
- Understanding of safe systems of work, safety rules and Health & Safety in an operational process site.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a modern Biomass Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.