Maintenance Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
We're currently recruiting a Maintenance Team Leader to join the Maintenance Department of a state-of-the-art Biomass Power Station in East Anglia.
This plant can produce up to 44MW of power which is enough to supple 82,000 homes. The client owns and operates 9 Biomass Plants in the UK with an energy from waste plant under construction.
Role & Responsibilities
As Maintenance Team Leader, reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing management and maintenance support to a team of technicians across Mechanical, Electrical, Control and Instrumentation skillset
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating daily activities
- Assisting with the planning of longer-term engineering work including outages and plant improvements
- Carrying out continuous improvement projects to maintain plant availability and achieve the overall engineering integrity strategy
- Ensure work is carried out in line with relevant legislation and to a high standard
- Maintain an asset risk register
- Maintain and develop the sites CMMS
- Manage contractors on site
- Act as the maintenance Manager as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- Ideally, you will have a bias towards EC&I equipment including SCADA and DCS equipment but also able to do Mechanical work (fault diagnosis / inspections)
- At least 5 years' supervisory experience in an maintenance position on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear. Similar Heavy Process Industries will be considered (Papermill, Refinery, Petrochemical etc)
- Familiarity with working on steam systems (PSSR) and relevant legislation such as LOLER & PUWER
- Candidates with experience working in high voltage plant or with SAP status will be preferred
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a modern Biomass Power Station
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.