Instrument Technician - Energy from Waste
c£40,000 + Callout + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Instrument Technician to join the maintenance department of an energy from waste power station near Aylesbury in Buckingham. The Instrument Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all Instrumentation equipment across the site to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader, as an Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Completing routine inspections and undertaking preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- Fault finding/maintaining instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level & flow) and control systems.
- Calibrate and maintain the Continuous Emissions Monitoring equipment to ensure compliance with the sites environmental permit.
- Assisting the EC&I Team Leader with outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensuring maintenance work is properly recorded on the site CMMS
- To liaise with outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
- Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in Instrumentation / Measurement & Control supported by a time served apprenticeship
- At least 5 years of experience in a heavy process environment working on Instrumentation maintenance. This can be from a power station, refinery, chemical plant, paper mill, pharmaceutical site etc
- Experience maintaining and fault finding on control systems, inverters, flow / pressure / temperature / weight sensors and continuous emissions monitoring equipment (CEMS)
- Experience working with a computerised maintenance management system
- A high regard for HSE compliance - an IOSH or NEBOSH would be ideal but is not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary around £40,000
- Up to 12% performance related bonus, paid quarterly
- Pension scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.