£15.00 -17.00 per hour
We are currently seeking to recruit a LGV Fitter / LGV Technician / Vehicle Fitter, to join a leading recycling and waste management business in the UK. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing a mixed fleet of LGV vehicles and equipment in a workshop and mobile based role.
What will I be doing?
As an LGV Fitter, you will be responsible for:
- Service, repairs and MOT preparation on their commercial fleet of waste transport vehicles such as RCV, Sweepers and Cage Tippers.
- Planned and reactive maintenance - PPMs, breakdowns, fault finding etc.
- Working towards company standards and adhering to health & safety processes
- Inspections / servicing / repairs to company vehicles
- Roadside collections and workshop-based duties
- Root cause analysis and investigations on suppliers and own vehicles
- Keeping documentation accurate and up to date
- Other duties as required
What skills & experience do I need?
- LGV / HGV Fitter experience
- Municipal services / Heavy industries experience
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Heavy Maintenance, Engineering or Vehicle Maintenance
- LGV Licence and Full UK Licence is essential
- IRTEC certification would be advantageous
What's in it for me?
- £15-17 per hour basic salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Benefits package
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 for a confidential chat.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.