Principal Safety Consultants - Land Systems
Bristol / Home based
£55-70k+ car + package - DOE and suitability
I'm looking to speak with principal level safety / risk assessment, assurance and justification professionals with solid safety case and safety management systems leadership experience gained in the defence sector, specifically relating to Land Domain applications, and preferably in a consultancy environment.
My client is building on their strong success in the UK defence sector and looking to add additional capability to an already well established and high performing team.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO EITHER ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A MINIMUM OF UK SECURITY CHECK (SC) LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. ANY APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISREGARDED.
With extensive and current knowledge in the development and implementation of a variety of Land Domain safety management solutions for UK defence sector clients you will be capable of delivering against a range of the following criteria in a senior leadership capacity:
- Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results;
- Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations (various) in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR.
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level;
- Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering;
- Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance;
- Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations;
- Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions;
- Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers;
- Knowledge of the Defence and wider markets, or major contractor's experience.
In addition to your technical delivery and leadership skills you will be comfortable forging strong relationships with other disciplines and teams, both internally and in an external client facing setting. You will be able to pro-actively assist with the production of bids and tenders, alongside providing technical support to business winning activity and leading projects with a keen commercial awareness.
You will be confident to take a primary role with client relationship management alongside developing future service offerings for the safety management practice during this very exciting time of new digitisation and machine learning applications in safety engineering.
Due to the nature of the work conducted, you will need to be eligible to obtain at least UK SC (Security Check) level security clearance.
What's on offer
The opportunity to join a globally respected engineering consultancy active across multiple sectors combines with a solid salary / benefits package and a proven commitment to training and development activity at all career levels.
While you will be expected to be collaborative in your own approach to work, occasionally operating from client sites and attending relevant industry events, this will be rewarded with flexible working and an industry leading benefits package to include the opportunity to purchase up to an additional 15 days leave on top of the standard 25.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.