Job title - Section Engineer
Location - Hinkley Point C
Salary + benefits - £40,000 - £45,000 + Private medical insurance and company pension schemes
We are looking for a Section Engineer with heavy reinforced concrete experience based on site at HPC. The Section Engineer is technically responsible for, and able to manage, a section of works. They typically supervise and manage a team of 4 to 6 site engineers. The perfect Section engineer is expected to have experience in the role of Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) and be familiar with formwork and falsework systems having worked in direct delivery of reinforced concrete structures.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Section Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Produce and gain approval on method statements, risk assessments and task sheets to enable safe systems of work to be implemented. Review methods with a view to making improvements.
* Reviews how achievable, suitable and compatible the specified tolerances are and arranges amendments as required.
* Supervises and provides training to ensure competence of those carrying out dimensional control tasks. Provides advice and assistance in resolution of survey and dimensional control issues
* Is responsible for ensuring and leading a 'right first time' culture.
* Ensures that all step within the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) are carried out correctly, ensuring compliance with the process.
* Ensures that any changes, request for information or non-conformances (NCR) are raised
* correctly and closed out in a timely manner so as not to impact site works. Ensure appropriate controls are applied to prevent reoccurrence.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring that company and project quality requirements procedures are implemented.
* Ensures that up-to-date construction information is distributed to all relevant parties to be used at all times.
* Disseminates construction information to sub-contractors, foremen and operatives
* Sets up mechanisms to inform the engineering team of changes as they occur
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Understanding of civil engineering projects / complex projects
- Experience of reinforced concrete in a direct delivery role
- Experience of managing people in project environments
- Provide value engineering in determining the best solutions to engineering problems
- A strong communicator with the ability to present to the team and co-workers
- Capable of building an effective team while Inspiring, challenging and motivating others.
- Ensures timely decision making, driven off data
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
- Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
Salary & Package
My client if offering a salary of up to £45,000 and is including Private Medical Insurance and company pension schemes. You will be working on the biggest construction project in the UK and be part of the leading Joint Venture at HPC
If you want to apply please contact Rich Hambry on 02393 919 668 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.